Sunday, October 10, 2010

Long time no see!

I don't think I realized that I hadn't posted since August 23rd. Golly, that's not good for someone who wanted to really get a Stampin' Up business going, huh. Oh well. Mostly that reason was because of this cutie:



I know I'm partial, but he's seriously the cutest kid EVER. This is my son Cameron, enjoying the bouncy house at his 2nd birthday a couple weeks ago. I can't believe he's two: I feel like I just found out I was pregnant! I know, all moms say that. :) But getting ready for this party, as well as other things I've taken on this fall, and also Cameron's never-ending schedule of appointments (he's delayed in a few areas and requires physical and speech therapy to try and get him back to where he should be), I'm one busy chick.



One thing that takes a lot of my time is my involvement with MOPS (Moms of Preschoolers). Seriously this organization has been my saving grace! Not only has it helped me to meet other moms in my area, but it has helped tremendously with my growth and development as a mom. I've taken on some leadership roles this year, including being the Creative Activities director and a discussion group leader. The creative activities role is a lot more intense than I thought it would be! Our first craft was a "no sew memo board", which while it sounds easy enough, it involved a LOT of cutting on my part. Here is my board, covered with the projects we did at the Stampin' Up regional in Ft. Worth last month.





Here it is without anything covering it. How cute! I really like it. I'm debating on making a bigger one that can go next to my desk so I can really cover it with stuff. this one is only about 12" x 20", give or take.



Here are the regional projects. We received the "Day of Gratitude" set in our fee, as well as all the materials to make six projects. This really opened my eyes to a couple of things: (1) Old Olive isn't as yucky as I thought it was, and (2) any stamp set can be versatile, if you open your eyes to see the possibilities.















This one is an 8.5x11" scrapbook page. I mostly scrapbook in 12x12, but the best thing about scrapbooking is you can just slap this sucker on a 12x12 piece, add some embellishments, and there you go. :) Easy peasy!




Check below for more stuff I've done recently, including a couple of new cards and an awesome fabric wreath that will be the November craft for MOPS. I'd show you the October craft...but I don't think you'd really care too much to see homemade fingerpaints (using flour, dish detergent, water and food coloring) and homemade playdough (using flour, peanut butter, and honey). Its all a gooey mess. :)







No comments: