Sunday, October 10, 2010

Two new cards

One of the best reasons for being a Stampin' Up demonstrator is that everything matches. It takes the guesswork out of trying to color coordinate things. It also makes it a ton easier to keep track of what you used for a card. :)



I love how bright, yet comforting this card turned out. I had an opportunity to play with a couple of my new stamp sets, Word Play and Growing Green. I absolutely LOVE stamps that can be cut out. I love how they add a new dimension to a card. I used a watercolor wonder crayon and an Aqua Painter to add slight color to the flower, which was stamped in Stazon. I used markers on the sentiment so I could accentuate specific words. I {heart} how it turned out!!

Materials Used:
Stamps: Word Play and Going Green
Paper: Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Celebrations DSP
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Black Stazon
Markers: Pacific Point, Real Red, Pear Pizzazz
Other: Watercolor wonder crayon (umm...I think certainly celery), cutter kit, dimensionals, smooch spritz


I love that Stampin' Up is now selling fabric. The problem is this: I don't have a sewing bone in my body. Seriously!! I have one of those Janome Sew Mini sewing machines, and I can't get the damn thing to work. So I decided that I wanted to showcase that the fabric can be used WITHOUT sewing. This is also without any of the other fancy shenanigans you're supposed to use (something with fabric adhesive sheets, an iron, etc etc etc). I slapped that piece of fabric on with some mod podge adhesive. :) Now, it did end up bending the main cardstock, so I just put it under a heavy object overnight and it was fine. :) I also did some other do-it-yourself techniques on here. I don't have a Sizzix Big Shot, but I'm sure they have a die that could have cut that scalloped rectangle. Instead, I used my scallop border punch and went along to make my own. No, its not perfect. But a heck of a lot cheaper than buying a Big Shot. I also decided after I had already stamped the two ornament images that I wanted them to sparkle, so I restamped over the images with versamark, then used Iridescent Ice embossing powder to give it the sparkle I wanted. I love how it turned out!
Materials used:
Stamps: Seasonal Sentiments, Contempo Christmas
Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla, Versamark
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Sahara Sand
Other: Deck The Halls designer fabric, dimensionals, scallop border punch, crystal effects EP

No comments: