Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Something New....Finally!!!

Well I had a heck of a migraine last night (in fact, it's been pretty consistent since early last week...I am stressed about work and just want this term to be OVER!!! Next Friday is our last day, can it get here quicker puhleeze?!?!?!), so I'm off work today. After sleeping in and medicating (hee hee), I decided to see what challenge was available today on Splitcoast. And I'm LOVING what I came up with!! Sometimes I think it's okay, but this time I'm over the moon with glee. It's just so doggone purty!!



The challenge was a color combination challenge, to use Real Red, Green Galore and Tempting Turquoise together. Typically I just use two of the colors and then have the third color (most likely the one I don't like) as a background or border paper. But this time I decided to include a challenge to myself and use all three colors all over the card so that it just POPS!! I used the Bodacious Bouquet set (don't worry: you can still purchase this set!! Stampin' Up has created a "dormant" list, which means some sets aren't in the main catalog, but will be in the Spring/Summer 2008 Collection catalog...so you can still buy this set and matching wheel!!), and a sentiment from the Edgy Eloquence set from a few mini catalogs ago. I had so hoped this set would have been featured in the current catalog, but it's not. (insert crying face here). This set is not on the dormant list...but I'm holding out hope that it will magically appear in the next catalog. Regardless, it's one of my favs and I use it pretty often!! I really love how this card turned out. And this color combo is just fantastic: it just screams summer, fun, and flowers. I'll definitely be using this color combo...and possibly making more of this card...again!!

Supplies:
Stamp sets: Bodacious Bouquet, Edgy Eloquence, Aida Cloth background
Paper: Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore, DS retired paper
Ink: Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore, Versamark
Accessories: Paper Snips (to cut out all flowers), Black Embossing Powder, non-SU Blue Brads, Ticket Corner Punch




BUT WAIT!!!! PRICES HAVE BEEN REDUCED....AGAIN!!!!


**Don't forget to check out my retired Stampin' Up! sets that I'm selling: they were updated yesterday to show what has been purchased, and I reduced prices as well! Email me at jmagreevy426@yahoo.com if you'd like to grab one of these...some haven't even been used!!

Stamp Sets:
Dream Come True, set of 8 $10.00
Celebrate in Style, set of 7 $10.00
Send a Celebration, set of 4 $6.00 (from SAB 2006)
Itty Bitty Borders, set of 4 $6.00 Quick & Cute, set of 8 $7.00 (retired 2006)
Gently Falling, set of 4 $6.00 (SAB 2006)
Pocket Full of Posies, set of 4 $6.00 (Hostess 2005-2006)
Beyond the Basics, set of 4 $6.00
A Light Heart, set of 7 $11.00 (special American Heart Association set from 2006)
So Very, set of 8 $10.00 (SAB 2007: never used!!)
Very Punny, set of 8 $11.00 (SAB 2007: never used!!)
Riveting, set of 8 $10.00 (Hostess 2007)

1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

You've got a lovely blog. I just love your bodacious card. I love all the layered flowers and the layout. I emailed you a bingo card. Let me know if you don't get it - sometimes I have problems sending to yahoo addresses.