Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Color Challenge


I actually haven't done any of the Dirty Dare challenges since last week, but did manage to complete today's Color Challenge on Splitcoast. The challenge was to use Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery and Close to Cocoa on a card. It was hard for me to bring in the Certainly Celery, which is actually one of my favorite colors, but it just didn't look right with the other two. However, I do love how the card turned out.


For the base white cardstock, I stamped the flower image from Bud Basics in Versamark ink. Then I dabbed Stampin' Pastels in Close to Cocoa and Bashful Blue chalk in various spots. In the pic it looks like it's just one color of chalk, but IRL you can see the differences between the two colors and how each flower is different. It looks pretty neat! I used Watercolor Wonder Crayons to color the main flower image.


Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps: Bud Basics, Doodle This, Green Thumb by Papertrey
Paper: Whisper White, Close to Cocoa, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery
Ink: Versamark, Black Stazon, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Stampin' Pastels, Watercolor Wonder Crayons, AquaPainter, Ticket Corner Punch, Soft Subtles Eyelets, Celery Grosgrain, Cream Organdy Ribbon

No comments: