Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year...New Page

Sooo.....is there a phrase for New Years that is comparable to "Bah Humbug" for Christmas? My husband and I live in Oklahoma, which is Central Standard Time. This should be your first clue as to my story. I convinced him to stay awake to watch the ball drop with me. Every New Years we've been together he has fallen asleep before the ball dropped.

Uhhhh, note to self: pretty much ALL television in Central Standard Time is an hour early, and is NOT on tape delay. Sooooooooo......a ball dropped. At 11PM our time. I flip on the t.v. at 11:45PM, ready to see it...and instead see all the geeky artistis singing from Los Angeles. Yay. Kind of an anti-climactic New Years!

In any case, I managed to finish another scrapbook page for my son's scrapbook. This is page #4 in the scrapbook, and also layout #4 in my 12-layout challenge on Splitcoast.


I'm creating this scrapbook with the intention of showing it to my son later in life. So lots of the pages will pretty much be designed with a "you" or "your" mentality, as if telling a story. This page consists of one of Cameron's first "real" photos, taken in the birthing center nursery. My husband loves this photo because he's sort of got his right hand up in a "Dr. Evil" stance. :-) I typed up a very simple birth story to tell my son, and it is in a pocket on the page.
Supplies:
Paper: Uhhhh.....whatever was on clearance at Michael's!! :-)
Accessories: Martha Stewart glitter sticker alphabet letters, Stampin' Up glitter, Making Memories brads

2 comments:

Bonsignore Family said...

beautiful baby boy! i LOVE the faces and hand movements new babies make...funny how we associate it to things we "know!"

Unknown said...

Super cute!!!!