Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A New Card...Finally!

I had a workshop for the first time in YEARS this past weekend. Seriously, I think my last "true" workshop was back in 2007, maybe even 2006!! I know I had a stamp club that took the majority of 2007 to finish, but I didn't really do many proper workshops outside of the club each month. Isn't that crazy?? Even joining back up this past July, I had customer orders from friends but no real workshops. So my friend Tabatha finally succombed to my severe whining and had one for me. :) We have a great deal: she had one for me, and I'll have a Pampered Chef show for her. I'm dying to get my hands on the entire PC set of knives, so I know I'm going to be happy!

I don't even know what the name of this card style is...maybe some sort of pop-up? All I know is I learned from my upline, as she did it at one of my workshops earlier this year. Tabatha wanted a Christmas card and a "thank you" card, so I used the card I posted earlier HERE, the top card, and we just used a different sentiment. I actually just brought all of my sentiments so the guests could choose their own, which I think they appreciated.





Colors used were slightly atypical for Christmas, which I liked. I'm trying to branch out and try new styles and color combos. This is Whisper White, Old Olive, and Rich Razzleberry. Its pretty striking, I think. I used an embossing folder on the background (something called Dots...Perfect Dots, maybe? Golly, I need to brush up on my terminology!), as well as the big snowflake die for the Big Shot. Used Whisper White Craft Ink on the sentiment and then heat embossed in Iridescent Ice EP. Seriously that is one of my all-time favorite things...I'll be sad if SU ever gets rid of it! I love putting it on all cards, especially Christmas ones. Fortunately I have a couple of prospects for workshops in the new year, so I'm very excited! I really want to get this into an avid business.
Details:
(all Stampin' Up!)
Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Whisper White Craft
Stamp Sets: Word Play, Contempo Christmas
Accessories: Big Shot, Snowflake Die, Dots embossing folder, Old Olive 3/8" grosgrain ribbon, Iridescent Ice EP, heat tool, Scallop Edge Punch

No comments: