Tuesday, May 3, 2011

April Club Project #2

One of the great things about Stampin' Up is the monthly magazine it sends to all its demonstrators. It is called "Stampin' Success", and features great products, business tips, techniques, and wonderful stories from demo's around the country. This next project I CASE'd from the magazine, because I absolutely fell in love with it.

This included a new technique I had never learned, which used Champagne Shimmer Mist paint to color Very Vanilla Taffeta ribbon. It makes the ribbon quite stiff, but isn't it beautiful?? So soft and appealing. Now, I will say I learned that this ribbon, once painted, is a pain in the tooshie to get to stay down! You don't even want to know how many layers of sticky tape I have on there. I even got angry at one point and took my two-way glue pen to one little part that wouldn't stay down. But, its still purty. :)

Ingredients:
Stamps: Nature Walk (from Occasions Mini Catalog)
Paper: Elegant Soiree DSP, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Early Espresso
Ink: Early Espresso, Baja Breeze
Accessories: Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, Very Vanilla Hodpodge Hardware, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, Scallop Circle Punch, Swirls Scribbles Sizzlit Die

No comments: