Thursday, May 5, 2011

April Club Project #3

I decided to try a scrapbook page and found a sketch a few months ago that I really liked. I'm a very Type-A personality and likes things that are symmetrical. In fact, a new building is going up in downtown Oklahoma City, and it will be the tallest in the state of Oklahoma. In my mind, I feel this huge building should have been built in the center of the city. But its being built way on the south side of downtown, right next to the doggone highway, so nothing can be built next to it. I. HATE. IT. Bugs me to no end. Yep, I'm just THAT nuts.



My son getting a "big boy" haircut. Ain't he a cutie? Yup. I'm proud. :) The sketch featured these wonderful symmetrical squares, and I chose to make them all 3x3". The sketch did show the photos in different slots...but Type-A psycho here had to make them the same. :)


I used the big flower image from Fifth Avenue Floral. Each flower has three images to it, and then the middle was cut out, then halfway, and each were laid onto one full image. It has a great dimensional effect. The scalloped piece on the bottom is done just using the scallop border punch all the way along each side.


Ingredients:

Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, retired alphabet set (Big Deal alpha, my all-time fav alpha set!), Teeny Tiny Wishes, Four Phrases (from upcoming main catty in July)

Paper: Pear Pizzazz, Very Vanilla, Pacific Point, Real Red, Celebrations DSP

Ink: Pacific Point, Pear Pizzazz, Real Red

Accessories: Dots embossing folder, Decorative Label Punch, small oval punch, scallop border punch

No comments: