Thursday, July 14, 2011

I'm a little behind

Whoops.

I haven't posted in 2 months. That isn't very nice of me. I can't believe its mid-July already, where has the time gone? It suddenly occurred to me that I need to be thinking about planning my son's third birthday coming up in the beginning of October. OCTOBER. That is only three months from now. 2.5 if you want to get technical. It will be Christmas before you know it. And cold. Ugh. I just threw up in my mouth a little.

On that completely professional note, here is one of the June projects I had for my stamp club. CASEd out of Stampin' Success, the magazine we get as demonstrators. Its wonderful to get beautiful ideas like this, because I certainly wouldn't have thought this up myself!


The picture doesn't really do it justice. I snapped this right before we left for vacation because I had some bee in my bonnet that I'd have time to type up a blog post while on vacation. Seriously. Yep, I was that delusional.

In any case, the card has the wonderful set "Strength & Hope", which is in the Summer Mini Catalog. This set is near and dear to my heart. My mother was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. This set was created for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, and for every set purchased, Stampin' Up will donate $2 to BCRA. My mother was extremely lucky in that her case was found ridiculously early. And by ridiculous, I mean that her lumpectomy contained ONE CELL OF CANCER. Her doctors detected an "area" about five years ago, and were monitoring it. It "grew" last year, so they began testing to determine if it was malignant or not. Tests were inconclusive, so she had a lumpectomy and then subsequent lymph node testing. The lymph nodes they pulled out were all fine, so she just has to have two mammograms per year now instead of one to ensure it was caught in time. I can honestly say I've never heard of a case where one cancer cell was detected and retrieved. Which is why this stamp set is so important to me: every dollar will benefit research and the ability to detect cases earlier and earlier.

Check back soon (I swear!!) for more new projects!

Ingredients:
Stamp set: Strength & Hope
Paper: Blush Blossom, Whisper White
Ink: Blush Blossom, So Saffron, Marina Mist
Accessories: Blush Blossom ribbon, rhinestones

No comments: