Friday, July 22, 2011

My First Medallion

A couple things are "raging" in scrapbooking and card making right now: medallions, pinwheels and pennants. While the latter two are relatively simple, this medallion thing was a heck of a lot harder than it looked. I even watched a VIDEO on someone's blog and still couldn't figure it out perfectly!!

Basically for this type of medallion you take a long piece of cardstock (this one is 12" x 1", I believe) and score it every 1/2". The first time I used my actual scorer on my rinky-dink Fiskars paper cutter, and it almost destroyed the paper because it scored too deeply. So the second time I just did it by hand and winged it. :) So while it may not be perfect...at least it isn't falling apart. Since doing this card, I have acquired a Martha Stewart scoring board, so now I know the card will come together a heck of a lot faster using that.

The main problem I had was figuring out how to keep the doggone thing adhered. I finally decided to use my go-to adhesive, the "nothing is getting out of this sucker" type of stuff. Seriously. Crystal Effects is AWESOME. I use it all the time. Got a piece of jewelry broken? It'll work. Need to super glue something? Nah, just use Crystal Effects. Want to keep your door stops on the wall instead of in your toddler's mouth? Yep, glue those suckers down!!

So once I figured out that Crystal Effects worked, this was relatively easy. I have to admit I CASEd the card and I cannot remember which blog I took it from, or I would send you there! I just fell in love with it. The colors are beautiful together, the entire layout is fantastic...and it taught me how to do the doggone medallion. So thank you, unknown awesome stamper. :)

Ingredients:
Stamp set: Full of Life
Paper: Pacific Point, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, retired DSP
Ink: Early Espresso
Accessories: Itty Bitty Punch set, pearls, Big Shot & dots embossing folder, 3/4" circle punch, Crystal Effects, sponge

No comments: