Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Oh Christmas Projects...Oh Christmas Projects...

It seriously cannot be December 13th. This baffles me. Wasn't it just 114 degrees?? (and no, that was not a typo...we tied the record temp this year of 114 degrees in Oklahoma City! 62 days above 100 degrees!!). I feel like I just got used to writing "2011" on papers. I've already screwed up writing 2012 on future stuff. Jeez.


So I participated in my first ever stamp camp in the beginning of November. Yes, I know, the delay in my posting this is sort of ridiculous. But I don't even know where the month of November went. I have a vague memory of cooking a turkey.


In any case, here are a few of the projects. We *may* have gone a little crazy, doing 11 projects. One I didn't even finish, and I still haven't taken photos of it. :)



A cute Santa-themed box, made out of two milk carton dies. Although the picture doesn't really show it, we used silver glimmer paper to be the buckle. And I just noticed that I'm missing a bit of black "belt" on the center. No wonder it looks a little odd. :)

Isn't this box the cutest?? I love the kraft boxes in the holiday mini catalog. And the red glimmer paper is so beautiful, and cuts so well in punches and the big shot!!



A nice stocking using the stocking die. Hard to tell in the pic, but we starched the fabric, and then ran it through the big shot using an embossing folder so the fabric would "hold" the embossing. It looks cuter in real life. :)



I'll post some more projects soon, I promise! Things have been chaotic, as most people think in December. I had thought I would finally be able to relax in January, but my mom is coming to visit, and then I get to go to San Antonio for the Stampin' Up leadership conference!! I'm so excited. This will be my first time going to leadership. So glad it is close this year!!

No comments: