Saturday, January 29, 2011

I made a card...FOR FUN!

I simply cannot tell you the last time I went into my craft room and made a card just for the fun of crafting. I've either had thank you cards to make, workshop stuff to do, or kid stuff to create. This is the first time I've been crafty in a LONG time just for fun! I'm pretty damn proud of myself. :)

I'm even more thrilled that I actually LIKE the card. I wanted to fiddle with the Concord Crush ribbon, because I have a hostess club next weekend and we're doing something with ribbon like this...I needed a dry run before I made the actual card they will be replicating. I saw how the ribbon was done like this at a Stampin' Up regional last fall, how cool is it?!?! Seriously I just think its awesome. Yep, tooting my own horn here.

I will say that the SU Stitched Ribbon (in the In Colors) isn't the BEST to do this with...this ribbon literally falls apart as you're fiddling with it. I have purple fibers all over the floor in my craft room from cutting this stuff. I suggest always using "ribbon scissors". I have a special pair of SU paper snips that I have a bit of ribbon tied to. I only use those scissors to cut ribbon. I've had them for about 4 years, and they are as sharp as the day I got them!

I will say that I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder for this. I (eeek!) don't own a Big Shot. I know, its like blasphemy for a SU demonstrator to not have the one big ticket item that virtually ALL demos have! I'm working on it. But for now, I love how the embossing folder turned out. As soon as I have the Big Shot, I'll sell my cute little Cuttlebug...but I'm keeping the embossing folders. :)

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Just Believe
Paper: Concord Crush, Certainly Celery, Very Vanilla
Ink: Concord Crush, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Scissors, Concord Crush Stitched Ribbon, Cuttlebug and embossing folder, flower brads

3 comments:

Bev Dahl said...

Love those colors you used! tfs!

Sarah Gough said...

I didn't have a big shot for ages either - I do now and love it, but you can live without one and make gorgeous cards - you're proving that! And hey, most of the dies and folders work in the bug anyway!

Rebekah said...

Very pretty, lovely colors and use of your ribbons!