Saturday, April 14, 2007

Green Thumb




The image isn't the best...I'm still learning how to take a closeup picture of a card and translate the card into good visual "e-quality". The saying on the bottom, which was created by stamping first in Versamark and then in Cool Caribbean ink, then embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder, says "If friends were flowers, I'd pick you." How cute!


This card is from the other new Papertrey set, Green Thumb. You can see the entire set here. I really like this set, and am enjoying my relatively mild learning curve with acrylic stamps. For those who don't know about them, acrylic stamps are actually clear stamps that have a moderately sticky side that sticks to an acrylic block. To store them, you use empty CD cases, which allows for a small space in my cramped craft area. It also allows for the stamper to be even more creative with options, as I used with the flower on the right, choosing to bend the stem stamp just a little to give it character. To create the scalloped edging on the focal image, I used the Giga Scalloped punch and taped two punches together. I read how to do this on AmyR's blog, seen here. To give a cute glittery feel, I also added microbeads to the top of the planter. I posted a very unique story regarding microbeads here...which details how wonderful microbeads bounce, they blend in with their surroundings and make life a living hell.




What's even more amazing to me is the amount of stamps offered in each set! The Green Thumb set has over 35 different images, and the Butterfly Kisses set has 30!! A great way to get a bang for your buck!! Now, I'm in no way giving up my rubber stamps or straying away from Stampin' Up. I just really enjoy the change and broadening my horizons. I can't even wait to see the new set that is released at midnight tonight...check it out on Papertrey!




Materials:


Stamps- Fine Lace background by Stampin' Up!, Green Thumb by Papertrey Ink

Ink- Gable Green, Cool Caribbean, Almost Amethyst, Pretty in Pink, all by Stampin' Up!

Paper: Gable Green, Cool Caribbean, Whisper White, all by Stampin' Up!

Accessories: Brad by Making Memories; Eyelets, Cream Organdy ribbon, Versamark, Iridescent Ice EP, Microbeads, all by Stampin' Up!; Marvy Giga Scalloped Punch

1 comment:

Alli said...

Thank you for the really sweet comment on my blog, I came to check out yours and I have to say, I love your cards, you are really talented.