Thursday, May 17, 2007

Hostess box

I'm sooo glad I procrastinated on the Hostess gift for my April stamp club, because I saw the wonderful post on Nichole Heady's blog about how to make a cute box out of cardstock and it's really neat!! Check her tutorial out here.


Here's my attempt..and I love how it turned out. It's hard to tell on this pic, since the "thank you" covers the lid, but I only used the two firework type stamps from the PaperTrey Green Thumb set in various colors. These stamps really look crisp and clear with Stampin' Up's Classic Ink, and it really makes the stamps POP on here. I also used the crimper to crimp cardstock, then cut it in various sizes to create the bedding for the gift. My hostess Julie will receive two incentive stamps, a Black Stampin' Spot, an eclectic mix of SU ribbon, a ton of brads and eyelets, and a handful of Primas (even though they aren't SU, I enjoy giving out Primas because sometimes they are really hard to come by over here, so it's a nice gift to give anyone!). I will definitely make this box again, as it is a really good size for gift cards as well.


Supplies: (All Stampin' Up unless noted)
Stamps: Green Thumb by PaperTreyInk, Much Appreciated by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Elegant Eggplant (possibly my new favorite color!!)
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Cool Caribbean, Brocade Blue, Rose Red, So Saffron, Black Stazon (on lid)
Accessories: Ticket Corner Punch, Stampin' Sponge, Paper Crimper, Su Brads and eyelets (in hostess gift), non-SU brads on "Thank you" box, ribbon, incentive stamps and primas :-)

No comments: