Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Legacy of Buckaroo Blue

I had two swaps due next week, and managed to combine both of their requirements to make one blue card. Yep, me and my blue! A swap in my SU group was to use retiring sets, which made me pull out Flower Fest (boo hoo on it being retired!) and a current hostess set. A swap on Splitcoast required using In-Colors, since they are essentially retiring as well. I decided to whip out the Buckaroo Blue, which I've barely used since picking it up a few months ago (and I still haven't opened the package of True Thyme or inked anything with the pad...that'll teach me to buy something I KNOW I won't use!).
I love the final product, and it only used Buckaroo Blue ink and Versamark! I like how soft it is and very comforting. And (insert a picture of me patting myself on the back), I actually figured out how to put the freakin' new Watermark on the card BY MYSELF!!! WOO HOO!!! I'm relatively tech-savvy, but this seemed a little beyond me. I had to re-download some photo software that I never updated when I had to wipe my computer last year, but quickly figured out how to pop it onto the pictures. I'm really proud of myself. Beth at Freckled Fun Designs definitely had to put the banner up for me (something about deleting HTML code...banner hanging in air...pixels...yada yada...no comprende...) but I got the watermark on there. Yippeee!!!
Supplies: (All Material's Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Flower Fest, Blooming with Happiness (hostess set), Fine Lace background
Ink: Buckaroo Blue, Versamark
Paper: Buckaroo Blue, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Black embossing powder, silver eyelets, clear embossing powder, cream organdy ribbon

No comments: