Saturday, June 16, 2007

ATC Album

I finally jumped on the ATC bandwagon and participated in a few ATC swaps on Splitcoast. For those of you who are unfamiliar with ATC's, they are Artist Trading Cards. Basically they are a simple way to showcase a technique, stamp, or use as a business card because they are quite small (only 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" each). The swaps I participated in all showcased different techniques, so I've been able to almost fill an entire ATC album with all cool techniques that I can showcase. I've received 10 swaps so far...and the techniques are amazing!! I can't wait to get the other 30 I'm waiting for. :-)

I waited to decorate my ATC album because I didn't know what patterned paper would be included in the new catalog, so once I finally received my preorder I knew I could go ahead. I like how it turned out...although it's a little plain for my taste. I only used two non-SU items: the ATC letters are Crate Paper chipboard that has already been covered in a designer paper, so I just used a sanding block to distress it a bit. The second non SU item I used is the May Arts ribbon, which is my absolute favorite ribbon. It's just so petite, girly and feminine. It totally fits my stamping/scrapping style!!


I had fun doing the flower, which features a few different things that are new. The chipboard is new for the Fall/Winter Collection, as well as the flower design, which is part of the Pick a Petal stamp set. The So Saffron paper is actually the paper from the Pallete O Prints set that was available to everyone in May. It will also be featured in the new catalog...and the main paper is Soft Sky designer series paper....I can't WAIT to see all the new paper and accessories!!!!


Supplies:
Stamps: Pick a Petal, Best Friends alphabet lower
Paper: Soft Sky Designer Series Paper, So Saffron Pallete O Prints Paper
Ink: Blue Bayou, Black Stazon
Accessories: Crate Paper chipboard letters, SU Flowers chipboard, May Arts White and Blue Organdy Dotted Ribbon, SU Cream and Blue Ribbon, Modpodge, SU ATC Album

No comments: