Saturday, June 23, 2007

Busy Busy Week!!

Wow, I haven't even had time to think about posting. Not only has this week been extremely busy with work and my Master's classes, but then my computer malfunctioned and I didn't have access to anything for three days. Yuck!! Needless to say, I haven't had any time to do much of anything with stamping.


On bright notes, the Retiring Accessories list has been released by Stampin' Up. Get that ribbon now, girls, a good chunk of it is going away! It looks like lots of new things will be added to the new catalog (released to the public July 1st), including tons of new paper, textured cardstock, new ribbon, and lots of new accessories. I'm soooo excited to see what comes out. My husband made a "deal" with me in regards to some money we'll be getting back for our car tax this month, but I don't think he understood what he was saying. He said, "Oh, when I get the money back, you can use it on stamping stuff". Well....it's a nice hefty sum!! I think he'll take it back once it's time for me to submit my first order. :-) AND: new catalogs have been spotted everywhere! As demonstrators, we receive a complimentary catalog from Stampin' Up. Last year the majority of the complimentary catalogs were received after July 1st, which isn't really fair for a good chunk of us who may not purchase boxes of catalogs. So here's to hoping I get one before the 1st. I've heard some great things about the catalog and what's included...I can't wait to see it all!!!


So here's the last ATC card I made for a swap on Splitcoast. This technique is emboss resist, which is embossed with versamark and clear embossing powder, and then either sponged or brayered on with a color. I did mine a little differently, because my clear embossing powder somehow got a TON of colored specks in it. It looked really stupid when I began to heat set it, so I started over. Since it was on white cardstock, I did the versamark and then white embossing powder. I sponged Rose Red ink over top. This is a really fast technique to complete, because I took an entire 8 1/2" x 11" sheet, stamped the entire sheet with the images, then heat set it all at the same time. Then I did the sponging over everything and then cut it all out. So it worked nicely!! I like how it turned out, although I wish I had done the sentiment a little differently. Maybe I should have used some ribbon...at least it would have been used now instead of sitting in my "retired and forgotten" section of my crafts. :-)
Off to do homework and then hopefully stamp. Who knows: I might actually post TWICE today!!! WOO HOO!!!
Stampin' Supplies (All Stampin' Up):
Stamps: Simply Said
Cardstock: Rose Red, Whisper White
Ink: Rose Red, Versamark, Black Stazon
Accessories: White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Silver Brads, Stampin' Sponge, Corner Rounder

No comments: