Tuesday, June 12, 2007

2nd ATC Swap

Just a quick post to show my 2nd ATC swap, which featured the "ghosting" technique. Boy, I really should have researched it before blithely saying I'd do it!! It was more involved than I anticipated, and I actually had to borrow glossy white cardstock from my neighbor Jen (stupid me...totally didn't realize the Splitcoast tutorial I read really meant glossy!! I thought I could just use Whisper White...you don't even want to know how silly the first batch turned out!!). When I went to borrow the glossy cardstock, Jen said, "Do you want more than one sheet?" I said, "Oh no, it's only for 10 ATC's, I'll only need one sheet." Her reply, "Uhhh, I think you better take two sheets....just in case." Yep, sure needed it! So the first batch on the regular cardstock was crappy, and then the second batch on the glossy cardstock was crappy too. Finally got it right on the third try. I liked the technique...but the glossy cardstock takes forevery to dry and I kept touching it and screwing it up. :-) In the end I like how it turned out...but I don't know if I'll do this technique again.


This is a pretty crappy picture. The technique is to stamp a background stamp on the glossy cardstock, then stamp images in versamark overtop. You then brayer another color of ink on the top. I had issues with batch #2 because the ink I wanted to use was Elegant Eggplant, but it was so dark that it essentially made it so that none of the layered images were visible. So this batch came with pale plum and perfect plum inks, which worked out much better. I decided not to do any type of embellishments because the whole point of these ATC's were to showcase the techniques...so I felt putting ribbon or metal embellishments would just take away from the technique. Plus, I pretty much forgot. :-)

Supplies: (All Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Polka Dots & Petals, Riveting Hostess set
Ink: Versamark, Elegant Eggplant, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum
Paper: Glossy White, Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: Brayer, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch



On a side note, I got the cutest email from Molly (MollyDR on Splitcoast) who was in another swap I participated in and posted about HERE. She loved the card and noticed I was an USAF wife, while she is an Army wife. Her hubby is currently in Iraq, and came home for R&R to, you know, just spend a nice relaxing time home from the war. Well, and to have their first child. :-) Go check out her blog, she has such beautiful pics of the new baby Abigail!!

No comments: