Thursday, June 14, 2007

Hedgehog Happiness

My Penny Black stamps came today, they are too cute! I had to immediately make a card and got to use my Prismas to color everything in. I used the Prismas a few days ago and did not have success with them. The stamp I attempted had really intricate designs and the stump just wouldn't color it in properly. But this worked a lot better. I also used Kirsten's tutorial to help me out with how to color it in. I love how it all turned out!


I used Cool Caribbean cardstock, because I'm bound and determined to use up a ton of my 2007 In Color stuff now, since it will be obselete coming up in a few weeks. I did manage to throw a couple colors of the new 2008 In Color inks on the card: the flower stamp on the right is Blue Bayou, and the dot inside both flowers is Purely Pomegranate (with some Stickles applied to the top to give it a tad bit of sparkle). The patterned paper is part of the "Love Me" designer series paper that was part of the Stampin' Up Winter Mini. Who knows if it'll make another appearance in the new catalog...we'll find out in a few weeks!

Supplies:
Stamps: Hedgehog by Penny Black, Little Lady by PaperTrey
Paper: Cool Caribbean, Love Me Designer Series Paper, Whisper White all by Stampin' Up
Ink: Black Stazon, Basic Black, Blue Bayou, Purely Pomegranate all by Stampin' Up
Accessories: Ticket Corner Punch, Silver Brads, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Stumps, Blue Dotted Organdy Ribbon by May Arts

I did get my Stampin' Up preorder...which is definitely a benefit of being a demonstrator. I get stuff a month early, woo hoo!! Hopefully I'll have time to mess around with stuff this weekend. I will say we have some BEAUTIFUL new papers coming out, and really cool accessories (rhinestone brads, new ribbons, flowers you can dye with reinkers....crazy cool stuff!!!!). Flowers are my "thang", so I'm loving all the new girlie things (and the new punch box with the Flower punch is right up my alley!!). I'll hopefully post new things coming up soon.

1 comment:

Sew Club said...

The coloring looks great, Jennifer! I'm glad that it helped you out!