Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Frogs and Elephants Kit

I finally had time to work on another kit from Scrappy Towne, called Frogs and Elephants. And Michelle from Scrappy Towne had some GREAT news today! She's the newest designer at My Life And Scrap!!!! Since I'm getting really involved over there, I'm soooo pumped she's bringing her stuff there so I can showcase it! Anyone still interested in getting on her CT, check her post HERE for information!

I chose to do another challenge at MLAS called "Scrap Mix". Basically its a free-for-all based on your birth date. Yep! There are four categories, you take the month, day, year and your age to figure out where you fall into what category and what rules you have to follow. My four categories I had to follow were to (1) use stitching, (2) use tone-on-tone paper (meaning patterns but within the same color), (3) use a theme of "to do", and (4) use a quote. Well, I started this layout without remembering the last two requirements...so I kept having to go back and recreate it. :) Apparently I wasn't fully concentrating on this or something!

The kit is Frogs and Elephants, which is available currently at Secret City Treasures and Ahh Scrap, and the stitching used as a frame around the photo is from Scrappy Towne's kit called Summer Breeze (also at both places listed above). The title font is Digs My Hart, and the journaling font is Eros Medium. And yes, I already know there is a spelling error on here. The quote is featured on the photo, and there is an extra letter in there. I was trying so hard to get it done, and meet the requirements, that I had a momentary lapse in spell-checking. :)

I hope to have more time to fiddle with both of Michelle's kits, and she's also going to be sending me some more stuff soon. Yay!

No comments: