Monday, August 20, 2007

Finally a new project to post!

No spiders in this post!! hee hee
With all of the computer problems and spider dramas (see below for that one), I'm finally getting a chance to post an actual project. I did two swaps for a swap on Splitcoast that was specifically for military spouse demonstrators. This one had to be a masculine "I Miss You" card, since as a military spouse, we tend to use those cards quite a bit. I had a tough time figuring out what I wanted to do for this, and my original card turned out quite pitiful. So bad, in fact, that Jason said, "Did you want it to be that plain?" Well, if the freakin' card doesn't get approval from a man, then I don't think it'll go over well with a masculine swap! I just don't make masculine cards. I'm much more of a girly-floral-lovey dovey type of card maker...so I had to think about what to do. In fact, my final card used a retired set because I just don't have anything masculine in my current stuff.


So I really love how it turned out. The main image of "Hugs and Kisses" is from the Alphabet Soup set which was an SAB set a few years ago (thank goodness my neighbor still had it! I knew what I wanted to do, but didn't actually own the set...she still had it, fortunately!). The background is actually a wheel, the new Little Bits wheel. Two word window punches have sayings from the "So Many Sayings" hostess set in the current catalog. I inked "I'm so" from "I'm So Sorry" and then added a few periods to the end. Then I inked "Missing You: on the second one and added an exclamation point. I think it turned out quite cute! The ribbon is the new chocolate chip taffeta, which is really nice. It's thicker than organdy and cuts really well. I didn't get any frayed edges at all! I did do something I read on someone's blog. I bought another set of the Stampin' Up Paper Snips and tied a piece of ribbon around it. This set of scissors is only used to cut ribbon, so they stay nice and sharp all the time. It's great!

Stampin' Supplies (all Stampin' Up):
Stamps: Alphabet Soup (retired), So Many Sayings hostess set
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Barely Banana
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Purely Pomegranate
Accessories: Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon, Stampin' Sponge, Word Window Punch, Blender Pen and Purely Pomegranate reinker (to create my own PP marker...just drip the reinker onto the pen tip and it'll suck the ink right in to create your own marker!!), silver eyelets, Little Bits wheel, chocolate chip ink cartridge

No comments: