Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Wow, I've been MIA!

I just saw my last post was August 3rd...I can't believe it's already mid-August. In fact, my summer holiday is already half over. Boo hoo!!!'s why I've been MIA.

As I've mentioned before, I'm getting my Master's in Education. I have to do an Action Research Project, a really involved project that I have to plan, and implement, in my current school setting. So my project is all about gifted & talented kids who are underachievers. My proposal for the project, which was due this past Monday, was 52 pages. Yep, that's quite a lot!! I've been working on it nonstop for a week now.

So here's where the stress comes in. Last Tuesday, I noticed my computer was having these little crazy movements. It was really weird: all of a sudden the mouse would move by itself, the icons on the screen would change sizes for no apparent reason, and the scroll bar would go ballistic. So I asked my husband to take it with him to work Wednesday and have it looked at by his boss, who builds computers. They couldn't figure out what was wrong, so Jason brought it home. He plugged it in and blew the power supply!! So he took it back to get a computer guy to fix it...who happened to be on holiday all week. So my project had been saved on the computer that I couldn't get to, so I had to re-write a ton of it.

Now the next fiasco. While running weekly errands on Wednesday, I was in an accident on one of the military bases. A guy actually backed up into me!!!! He reversed so fast I couldn't even hit the horn before he hit me, and then he had the audacity to look in his mirror at me like I must have hit him!!! He seriously had to be going about 20 mph as he backed get the parking spot that had opened up directly next to me. Needless to say, he hit me in "just the right spot" so that my car might actually be totalled!!!!

On to my final fiasco. My computer couldn't be fixed until yesterday, so I had to use my husband's computer. His apparently doesn't like me. TWICE while I was working on my project the computer froze and I lost my entire project TWICE. I seriously couldn't believe it!!! It wiped two USB drives for no freakin' reason, then would all of a sudden get little white splotches all over the screen. It was so weird. Needless to say, I had to restart my damn project on three different occasions. I'm sure my neighbors heard me the first time I lost the majority of my project: I had just finished 4 straight hours of working on about 15 pages of material...and I just started to sob!!! I seriously thought about just flunking out of the class because I didn't think I'd finish the project in time (this all happened Friday I only had three days to work on the entire thing).

On a bright note, I got a 100% on the proposal, and finished with a 98% in the class, keeping my stellar 4.0 in my Master's program. WOOPEEEEEEE!!!!!! I'm so psyched about having a 4.0, considering I've never done this well in school. I still don't know about my car, so hopefully I'll find out tomorrow if it's totaled and then I don't know what we'll do. We really don't want to buy a car when we're only here for another year, but we'll do whatever we need to do.

So I don't have anything new to show right now. I do have two swaps I did for a military demonstrator swap on Splitcoast, so I'll post them in the next few days. I finally got a new order from Stampin' Up, have a ton of new things coming from PaperTrey, a ribbon share from I'm so excited about getting all my loot!!

No comments: