Sunday, May 2, 2010

I was a Night Owl last night...

Which was perfect for the MLAS (My Life And Scrap) Speed Scrap Night Owl challenge, which was at midnight EST.

A speed scrap consists of a specific time limit with set directions. Jac, our hostess, was "easy", as she put it, and wasn't too concerned about the directions. So I may have deviated from her specifications slightly, but not too much. Of course, twice I read the directions incorrectly and basically had to completely redo my layout. Who would have thought that I could somehow read the word "right" and interpret it as "left"? I can't even blame dyslexia on that one...that's just plain stupidity right there!

Anyway, I used the kit Summer Garden by Flower Scraps. I just love these colors!! So cheerful. I have to admit I forgot to put a date on it, so I'll have to edit it and resave to ensure I have that to remember. I like this kit because it came with not one but TWO alphabets to match. I'm seriously matchy-matchy that way! I got into a discussion with Colleen, who is Pretty Pixel Designs, about alphabets recently. She explained how difficult they were to create, which makes a lot of sense. So I have made it my goal this week to download some more cool fonts that I can use instead of relying on alphabets. I downloaded a couple of free journaling fonts off Creating Keepsakes today, but I need more block-y style fonts that can be used for titles. So that is my goal.

I grabbed a few of the freebies for the STS blog train yesterday, did you? Check out two of my designers, Pretty Pixel Designs and Flower Scraps for their submissions. Great colors this time! I've also grabbed the Jenasis Design freebie she created for the STS May Color Challenge, which is also free. Ahhh, freebies. Gotta love 'em!

Lots of new things coming out this month, keep an eye out! I'm going to be busy creating!! :)

1 comment:

K said...

Your digi stuff is great!! I would like to learn a little.