Saturday, April 17, 2010

Hello exhaustion.

I'm visiting family in Dallas...and my son is simply NOT okay with the change. He has not slept at all today. He's too keyed up about seeing his two cousins (ages 4 and 8) and because of it he wouldn't nap, took over an hour to get him settled down for sleep at bedtime...and then the little bugger woke up at 1AM and won't go back to sleep! So both my husband and I are up with him because we're trying to keep him quiet so he doesn't wake everyone else up.

I guess he figured the bedtime was actually naptime, so he now assumes he can stay awake for a few hours then hit the sack again? I don't know. I'm exhausted. Unfortunately we were scheduled to stay here until Sunday, but that might have to change. My husband goes back to work again on Monday (he's had three weeks off after coming home from deployment) and I'm really fearful of how things will be if Cameron is this off schedule! Ugh. And I miss my bed. My really big, super comfy, king-size bed. Sleeping on a rock-hard bed that a 4-year-old uses, next to your kid who is really angry about being out of his own comfy bed and into a pack & play, is just not all its cracked up to be. Ugh. I should have had a rum & coke before bedtime...would have made this all a little more amusing. Come 8AM...I ain't gonna be amused. :-/

No comments: