Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Lesson 4...I'm DONE!

So here are my final two layouts for Jessica Sprague's class "Up and Running with Photoshop". I have truly enjoyed this class! I love that it was self-paced, with very specific videos and how-to's for digital newbies like myself. I've already told my husband I'm taking her next class, called "Now We're Rocking". :)

In the actual lesson, we learned how to use a grid to combine lots of different papers. We also learned how to invert specific parts and delete other parts at the same time. We also converted a photo to sepia tone, played with brushes, learned how to create different layers of text, cut out a shape and make it "shadowed"...I think that's it. Pretty involved lesson! All materials were courtesy of the large file you get when you sign up for the class. LOVE IT!


In our bonus lesson, we received a mini kit that Jessica designed, and learned how to make the trapezoid photo box used below. How cool is that? Not sure if I could ever replicate it without watching her video again (which, by the way, I will ALWAYS have at my disposal: part of the joy of taking her classes are that the materials, videos, and lessons are always there for you to look at!). The font used for "Bathtime Fun" was downloaded from dafont.com for a challenge at Stuff To Scrap, which can be found in the forum HERE.


I'm currently working on two releases for May 1st for a Build A Kit featured on Stuff to Scrap. There will be three more kits that will be released for my designers in the next few weeks as well...I'm going to have way too much fun creating these great layouts! I love how quickly I can pull a layout together and really document life. I still enjoy paper scrapbooking, but digi is just too easy and really accessible for me. I'm very much enjoying this venture in my life!

No comments: